Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, July 28, 2014

Earl Grey Tea Cookies




I'm a huge fan of tea, especially Earl Grey. I love the taste of course, but the scent is amazing. I've cooked with Earl Grey tea before, I made Earl Grey Peach Preserves a while ago and it was so good, that when I spotted this recipe I knew it was going to be a winner.

I used decaf Earl Grey, because I had it hanging about in the cupboard leftover from when I was pregnant and was trying to follow the rules about caffeine. The attempt to self ban didn't last long, and my family, work colleagues and the general public were probably relieved when I brought caffeine back into my life!

The orange zest in these is essential - I could smell it all through the house when baking, and it definitely takes these delicate little cookies to the next level of YUM.

Source: Women's Day Magazine

EARL GREY TEA COOKIES


INGREDIENTS:

    • 2 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
    • 2 tablespoon(s) fine Earl Grey tea leaves (we used 8 tea bags)
    • 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
    • 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
    • 3/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
    • 1 large egg
    • 1 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
                  DIRECTIONS:

                    1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, tea leaves, baking powder, and salt.
                    2. In a food processor, process the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and orange zest and pulse to combine. Add the flour mixture and pulse to combine.
                    3. Transfer the mixture to a lightly floured surface and roll into two logs, about 2 inch in diameter. Wrap each in plastic wrap, tightly twisting the ends, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
                    4. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper, OR use a baking stone.
                    5.  Slice the cookies 1/8 inch thick and place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them 1 inch apart.
                    6. Bake 14 to 16 minutes.
                    7. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.




                                DIRECTIONS: