Wednesday, July 16, 2014

DIY: Poultry Seasoning


Not really a recipe, more of a "here's what I do"

As many recipes I use call for "poultry seasoning blend", I make my own, since much like all of the spice blends you find in the grocery store, they're all able to be substituted using herbs and spices you already have in your pantry. No need for an extra purchase, or to pay a premium price for someone to blend it for you. Also good for my mates in the other hemisphere, who might not be able to find these things in their stores!

I left dried parsley out of this particular blend - and prefer to control the salt in a dish myself, so didn't add that either.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 tsp rubbed sage
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp dried marjoram
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Blend all the ingredients in a mortar and pestle and grind together.
  2. Keep in an airtight container

1 comment:

I get so excited whenever anyone comments. Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...