Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Cocktail: Orange Creamsicle Martini


When I was pregnant with my first son, I was addicted to orange creme slushies from Sonic. I would crave them like crazy, and when I got one, I was in total heaven.

This drink was not and IS not appropriate for those currently pregnant, but it is one of my favourite ways to enjoy the same flavors of the orange creamsicle with an alcoholic kick.

I saw this on a friend's blog a while back and have been making them ever since. I no longer bother to measure the ingredients (I might use a littttle more vodka than originally called for and I'm not sorry).

It does call for whipped cream vodka (Aussies and Kiwis - Smirnoff makes one that you can find in your stores) and I don't recommend switching it out for regular. It really makes the difference!

I skip the whipped cream and orange garnish when I make them at home for just me - but when I have guests around, I pull it out and make it look fancy.

SourceCookaholic Wife as seen on The Redhead Baker (Thanks Nichole and Coleen!)

ORANGE CREAMSICLE MARTINI

INGREDIENTS:

  • Ice cubes
  • 3/4 cup no-pulp orange juice
  • 1/4 cup half and half
  • 1/4 cup whipped cream flavored vodka
  • whipped cream, for garnish
  • orange slice, for garnish
DIRECTIONS:
1. Place ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
2. Combine the orange juice, half and half and vodka, pour over the ice.
3. Shake for 30 seconds.
4. Strain into a martini glass.
5. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and an orange slice. 

6. Sip and enjoy. Or gulp, whatever. I'm not judging you.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds dreamy Kylee! will be making a few of these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love orange cream. I actually made an orange cream ice cream last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh! I love this! I've been making whipped cream vodka and Cherry 7-Up my summer drink (try it, you'll like it), but I was thinking about creamsicles. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited whenever anyone comments. Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...