Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Turkey Pesto Meatballs


A discussion on a cooking board I visit/participate in sparked this dinner. The question was "What recipes are better with ground turkey than ground beef?

This recipe was linked, and I decided since I had all the ingredients to give it a go, slightly modified.

As you can see, TFFC thought they were great. I put the plate of meatballs on the counter, and within seconds, little hands found them and had sampled.

When I put the plate on the table, I said "hands off!" ... so he improvised. Got to give the kid credit...

Anyway – on to the food!

NOTES:
I would probably reduce the breadcrumb ratio to meat next time.
I added fresh garlic  


TURKEY PESTO MEATBALLS
  • 2 pounds ground turkey breast (could use chicken)
  • 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs (I'd reduce to 1 cup)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup pesto sauce
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 eggs  
  • 1 tsp freshly minced garlic


  1. Mix everything in a bowl and combine well. Roll mixtures into balls.
  2. Bake the meatballs at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
  3. Add to your favourite tomato based pasta sauce, and your favourite shaped pasta, and enjoy!



























1 comment:

I get so excited whenever anyone comments. Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...