I love an easy dinner. With working full time, having a toddler, and getting ready to welcome another son into our family, dinner needs to be on the table pretty fast after arriving home in the evening.
While this takes only minutes to prep and throw in the oven, I put it all together the night before, covered it and left it in the fridge ready to go the second I got home. I also love that it's primarily "hands off" - once it's in the oven, you can go and sit on the couch. YES!!!
Other versions of this use canned green beans, or frozen veges which I'm sure would cut the time down too. I will probably try different seasonings next time, but a one dish kind of dinner is too awesome not to repeat!
Adapted from Cheese Curd in Paradise
BAKED ITALIAN CHICKEN, POTATOES & BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 3 cups red potatoes, quartered (or even smaller)
- 2 cups of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1-1 1/2 lb chicken breasts (3-4 chicken breasts)
- 1/2 stick butter, cut into pieces
- 1 Italian dressing seasoning/mix packet
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line one side of the pan with sprouts.Line opposite side of pan with the potatoes.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then line them down the middle of the baking dish.
- Cut butter up and layer over everything.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing over the entire pan. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour