This really comes under the "duh" label for cooking, but is so yummy and simple - I had to share the combination.
It's super easy to remember, but you could fancy it up if you wanted to. We've made these a few times in the last week, I make a bowl of the mixture and keep it in the fridge for a quick meal at any time of day.
- 1 cup of cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup of salsa (any kind is fine)
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of sweet corned, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Splash of lime juice
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream
- Extra salsa
- Mash the beans a little, and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spread on a tortilla, top with another and cook in your sandwich press, or on your stove in a skillet (remember to flip halfway through)
- Repeat until you run out of tortillas!
- Slice, serve with some hot sauce, sour cream and extra salsa.