I love love LOVE having this in my recipe arsenal. I bring chicken breasts home from the grocery store, and put them in ziplocks in pairs (a serving each for TheFoodCritic and I, plus probably extra for the little dude) with enough marinade to cover the chicken.
I throw them right into the freezer and take them out before leaving for work. As they thaw, they marinate - a great thing to have around for a really tasty dinner.
TERIYAKI CHICKEN BREASTS
- 1 cup soy sauce (I use a low sodium one)
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (any of these will do - I've used red wine, white wine, plain distilled white - malt probably isn't good though)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger (can use powdered, but fresh really kicks it up a notch)