Anyway - I'm sure you know how to make pancakes, but here's a nice recipe to really knock them out of the park!
Source: Food Network
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk, plus more if needed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder,
baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. In a separate large bowl,
lightly whisk the eggs. Add the milk, sour cream, half the melted butter and
the vanilla, whisking to blend.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the egg mixture into it. Whisk the ingredients together just until blended. Fold the blueberries and lemon zest into the batter.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat and coat with some of the remaining melted butter.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the hot skillet. Cook 3 or 4 pancakes at a time, depending on the size of the skillet. If the batter seems too thick, thin it with 1 to 2 tablespoons milk. When bubbles begin to form and "pop" on the pancake's surface, after about 1 minute, and the outer edge looks done, flip it over and cook briefly for about 30 seconds on the other side.