Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, July 27, 2012

Recipe Swap: Chicken Diablo

"Spicy", "sweet", "creamy", "delicious", "is there any more?" Words/phrases around my table tonight.  Will obviously be making this one again. Paired perfectly with some white rice (we usually do brown, but in this case - it worked better I think with white).

This recipe is part of a "recipe swap" and comes from Sweet Beginnings. This is a "blogger’s choice swap", so I got to select the recipe to make. I really enjoy these swaps - it often highlights a blog I might not be aware of (although Sweet Beginnings was definitely on my radar). Jaida has a bunch of things I like, including her serial posts: Taco Tuesdays. Such a great theme, and I have bookmarked a lot of those too. 

ANYHOO... onto the recipe.  This recipe really appealed to me because the mix of ingredients were things I already had, and it looked like I could get it done in under an hour with a little pre-prep in the morning (or night before). It had a lot of flavour, and was definitely appreciated by all.

After tasting the marinade/sauce - I did add extra hot sauce in (the family likes things spicy around here!)

CHICKEN DIABLO

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup Frank's hot pepper sauce (We probably doubled this)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 tsp sweet paprika
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 4 chicken breasts, pounded out thinly
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup sliced scallions
  • 2 cups cooked white (or jasmine or basmati) rice

DIRECTIONS:

In  a bowl, combine the pepper sauce, sour cream, ketchup, and honey. Whisk it all together, then add paprika and cumin and whisk again.

Pour half the mixture over the chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Reserve the rest. 

Cover the chicken dish and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.

Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and bloom for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook until nicely browned on both sides and cooked through, 10-15 minutes.

Heat the remaining marinade in a small saucepan until lightly simmering.

Serve chicken over rice with some of the sauce spooned over the top, and garnish with scallions.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed this! It's one of my favorite chicken dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, another one to pass on to hubby! Or maybe I'll even give it a shot myself! Thanks, Kylee and Sweet Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I thought that sauce was cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm I love anything spicy. I'm adding this one to my "to try" list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this for dinner when we had a friend stay with us recently. Absolutely Yummy. I will definately be making this again. Easy and very impressive. Thanks Kylee xx

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited whenever anyone comments. Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...