Monday, June 4, 2012

Cake Mix Cookies (aka cheater cookies!)


These cookies have a million possibilities and ways to customize, based on what you have in your pantry.  I bet adding in some shredded coconut would be awesome. Or butterscotch chips. Or raisins. Or candy. You get the picture.

It's absolutely fair to say that I am not a baker. My mother is, and has the patience for it. I do not. These cookies are such a cheat - that I'm not sure I could call it a recipe.  I WILL call them good though!

CAKE MIX COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 box of cake mix (I used french vanilla, but I bet chocolate or strawberry would rock too)
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil 
  • 1 egg 
  • A handful of chocolate chips (if you feel like it)
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Mix all ingredients together, roll into balls and put on baking sheets lined with parchment (or a silpat). Press with a fork, or don't. Whatever.
  3. Bake for 10-12 minutes (11 minutes was the sweet zone for me).
  4. Remove from oven, and let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
  5. Scarf down several before anyone realizes they're "ready".
Obviously, these are ones I pressed with a fork. And didn't add chocolate chips to

3 comments:

  1. toffee chips would be awesome with these too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always substitute apple sauce for oil in zucchini bread. I wonder if substituting it in this recipe (or for 1/2 the oil) might be good also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always make these with a devil's food or some other chocolate cake mix. Sprinkle with (or roll in) powdered sugar. I made these years ago for my pre-schoolers and they were always a big hit. Now Miss S begs for them.

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited whenever anyone comments. Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...