These cookies have a million possibilities and ways to customize, based on what you have in your pantry. I bet adding in some shredded coconut would be awesome. Or butterscotch chips. Or raisins. Or candy. You get the picture.
It's absolutely fair to say that I am not a baker. My mother is, and has the patience for it. I do not. These cookies are such a cheat - that I'm not sure I could call it a recipe. I WILL call them good though!
Source: A friend I happen to work with (not sure where she got it from) HI SHARRIE!
CAKE MIX COOKIES
- 1 box of cake mix (I used french vanilla, but I bet chocolate or strawberry would rock too)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- A handful of chocolate chips (if you feel like it)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix all ingredients together, roll into balls and put on baking sheets lined with parchment (or a silpat). Press with a fork, or don't. Whatever.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (11 minutes was the sweet zone for me).
- Remove from oven, and let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Scarf down several before anyone realizes they're "ready".
|Obviously, these are ones I pressed with a fork. And didn't add chocolate chips to|