Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, May 28, 2012

Coconut Lime Chicken with Chiles


This was a quick dinner after getting home late, and getting the FutureFoodCritic bathed, fed and put in bed. 

The Teenager and I were able to throw it together in under 30 minutes, which is the criteria for recipes on nights like this!

It has a really nice lime flavor, but I would have kicked up the coconut milk a little, and would probably use coconut cream next time.  I did kick up the curry powder, because that's how I roll.  For reference, I used Penzey's Maharaja Curry Powder. 

SOURCE: Meal Planning 101

COCONUT LIME CHICKEN WITH CHILLIES

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1-2 tsp curry powder (I used 1 and a half Tablespoons)
  • 1 14 oz can light or regular coconut milk
  • 1 4 oz. can diced green chiles
  • Zest and juice of 1 lime
  • 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
  • 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (the original recipe says optional, I say - not optional. Add it.) (Aussies and Kiwis - I'm talking about coriander here)
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  
  2. Add the chicken and garlic and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. 
  3. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring for 1 minute, until it is fragrant. 
  4. Add the coconut milk, chiles, lime juice and zest, bring to a simmer, and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, stir in the green onions and cilantro.  
  5. Serve over rice. (I used basmati that I had in the freezer that I made here)
  6. Garnish with a little cilantro

2 comments:

I get so excited whenever anyone comments. Share your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...