I hear this dish is great!
Adapted from here
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spice blend (you can make your own, I got this at the store in the spice aisle)
- 4 (total) ounces red, yellow, green peppers, cut into strips
- 4 ounces red onions, cut into strips
- 6 ounces shrimp (shells, tails and veins removed - blech)
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, crushed/minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons Cajun spice blend (not a typo - this does appear twice on purpose)
- 4 (normal sized) Roma tomatoes, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth mixed with 1 cup of clam juice
- 1 pound linguini pasta (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (go on, get fancy)
- Add chicken into saute pan and cook until it is about half done. Add peppers, onions and shrimp into pan. Cook until shrimp are about half done. Add garlic into pan. Season all of the ingredients with salt, black pepper, and a little (or a lot) more Cajun spice.
- Add tomatoes and chicken broth/clam juice into wok. Gently stir ingredients together. Continue to cook until chicken and shrimp are done, and vegetables are tender.
- Drop pasta into boiling, salted water, and cook until "al dente."
- We do this next step separately for each person - because one likes it "brothy" the other likes it a little dryer: Place pasta into a really big bowl. Mix jambalaya mixture in, with the broth to taste. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.