It's a brownie, but instead of baking it - you just pour the batter into your waffle iron and cook it until crispy.
The Teenager is a fan. The FutureFoodCritic will probably like it when he's older, and the FoodCritic wasn't home, so his opinion couldn't be sought.
I thought they were good - I'd probably make them again, and make SURE I had some good quality vanilla icecream.
- 1/2 C butter
- 3oz chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C milk
- Melt the butter and chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Add in the sugar, and mix well.
- Then add the eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in the milk and mix until smooth
- Pour 1/2 cup to a cup of batter into a preheated waffle iron and cook until crispy.
- Serve with vanilla icecream.
This made us 4 big waffles (shown above is 1/4 of a waffle)