PESTO CHICKEN PASTA
- 1 (12oz?) box of pasta - you pick the shape
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- Broccoli - about 2 cups
- 4 oz cream cheese (I used fat free)
- 1 1/2 cups (ish) milk (I used 2%)
- 4 Tbs prepared pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Oooh toasted pinenuts would have been good in this. Add those too, if you have them
- Salt, pepper
- Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain, set aside
- Steam broccoli until cooked how you like it. Set aside
- Season chicken and cook in a large frypan until brown and cooked through.
- Add milk, cream cheese and pesto, and stir to melt the cream cheese and thicken the sauce - cook for 5 minutes or so. Taste and make sure you added enough pesto. If not, feel free to add more. Go on.
- Add in the cooked pasta, and steamed broccoli and stir until well combined.
- Add in some parmesan cheese, some fresh cracked pepper and yell that dinner's ready.