Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Earl Grey Peach Preserves


A friend drew my attention to this recipe, and said "If there was one recipe that would describe me I think this would be it"

I never really thought of what recipe would sum ME up, but I'm happy to report that in my pantry I have "Sabrina in a Jar" (2 of them, actually)

I happened to have enough of a pile of peaches (that I was canning/making jam/baking pies from) to make a double recipe of this.  SO glad I doubled it. 

If you are a fan of Earl Grey tea (I am), the smell of this in your kitchen will cause all kinds of joy to you.  The fragrance of the tea, perfectly mixed with the sweet peaches and a ton of sugar is fabulous.

SOURCE: http://www.eatliverun.com/earl-gray-peach-preserves/
Enjoy!

EARL GREY PEACH PRESERVES

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 3 earl gray teabags
  • 2 1/2 lbs fresh peaches - peeled and sliced.  (Either use a blanching/ice bath method, or peel with a potato peeler)

DIRECTIONS:
Place peach slices in heavy bottomed pot and cover with sugar and lemon juice. Open up one bag of tea and sprinkle in the leaves. Add the other two tea bags whole. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 40 minutes until very thick.

Remove teabags and either can preserves according to proper canning procedures (click here see my post explaining about thator just ladle into tupperware and let cool.


Preserves will last in sterilized cans for a year…or in tupperware for about two weeks.