Yup. Looks like a cookie, smells like a cookie... but is it a cookie? No, not really. It has no butter, oil, eggs, flour, or sugar. Which means - I can approve eating cookies for breakfast.
They have great ingredients that would normally be found in a bowl of oatmeal, but they're now portable. And are toddler approved. YESSSS!!!
- 2 cups rolled oats (regular or quick, but steelcut don't work)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of raisins
Optional: 1 Tbs honey or pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients until well combined.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or use a baking stone
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto the the cookie sheet, and then flatten into round shapes.
- Bake approx. 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven & let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack.