Okay, so for those of you lucky enough to have a Penzey's spices store nearby, or those of you who know how to shop online.... Check Penzey's out at www.penzeys.com. They have amazing spice blends, and have lots that are really unique. They didn't pay me to post this. Perhaps they should. (Hi Penzeys!! Let’s be BFFs! And by BFFs, I mean give me free stuff and/or pay me!!)
Of course, any greek style seasoning will be fine in this – but I happen to really enjoy the one from Penzeys.
This recipe came from one of their catalogs that was mailed to me... about 6 years ago.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 8oz dry pasta (I used tri-colour fusilli - spirals to the rest of us)
- 1 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- ½ cup of chopped olives
- 1.5 tbs greek seasoning, divided
- 1 tbs water
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 1/8 cup balsamic or red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Wash chicken breasts, pat dry. Season with greek seasoning (about ½ tbs for 2 chicken breasts).
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, prepare the dressing while pasta cooks. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, throw in the broccoli.
- In a large bowl, mix 1tbs greek seasoning and 1 tbs water. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Mix in the remaining olive oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, honey and dijon mustard.
- Add tomatoes, onions and olives - toss to coat.
- When the pasta is done, drain and rinse to cool - shake off excess water and add to dressing and toss again.
- Set aside and grill the chicken - five minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove from pan, set aside to rest, then slice or dice.
- Plate the pasta mixture, and add the chicken on top, and serve.